Tuesday 22 October 2013

Coptic Stitch Name Book Binding

This is an idea I've had for a while, but only recently got round to figuring out how to do it!

Coptic Stitch Name Spine
 
I made this for my lovely friend Amy's Birthday. It's a notebook made from a vintage astronomy book, with Coptic binding arranged to form a name down the spine.




Coptic Stitch Name Spine


If you're familiar with Coptic stitch, then you've probably already got a decent idea of how I did this. I made holes in my signatures which, when binded together, created letters. I changed thread throughout, to create a slightly ombre effect.
 
All wrapped up and ready to go!

I'll eventually get round to writing a full tutorial for this - I'm rather pleased with how well it turned out! Until then, if you'd like to try this and have any questions (or tips!) just leave me a comment below, and I'll try my best to answer.

No comments:

Post a Comment